28 April 2015

I Think, Therefore I Review.: Gothic

I Think, Therefore I Review.: Gothic: Kinky and Weird Gothic Not For Everyone By Leigh Wood


Sometimes I wonder if stars Gabriel Byrne, Julian Sands, and Natasha Richardson are embarrassed by Ken Russell’s 1986 horror romp Gothic. I like its sexual and psychological horror blurs between dreams andreality, but I picked up the DVD at the Dollar Store, so maybe that says something
 
Young couple Percy (Julian Sands) and Mary Shelley (Natasha Richardson) travel with Mary’s half sister Claire (Miriam Cyr) to Lord Byron’s (Gabriel Byrne) estate outside Geneva. The stormy lair is full of dark shadows and sexual fun for the uptight Shelleys, and one night with Lord Byron leads them to discover their worst fears and desires-inspirations that lead to the creation of Mary Shelley’s Frankenstein...


No comments:

Webrings and Beyond...

Powered by WebRing.